the power of the mic

the power of the mic
:)

Sunday, June 2, 2013

Retrospections



You are not allowed to say you miss me
You are not permitted to stab a wound that has bled all its venom
Those words must never lace your tongue and sound like a song to me
They must never escape your mouth and revive what broke to find its pieces again
Have you ever become a whirlwind of sand while it rains?
Have you ever slit your hand only to eat with it?
Have you ever walked on a land that blisters your feet while it whispers ‘the journey is worth it’?
To miss me is to grab my lingering breath
It is to stare into a nakedness that is crying to be clothed
Forget those words
Make them a dream that only haunts your eyes
Forget those two words
Even though my heart aches for the glory it would taste as it hears them
Forget them
For the sake of a sanity that barely hangs

No comments:

Post a Comment